We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy has been reviewed in May 2020.
What information we collect and when we collect it
We collect the following information, via cookies, when you visit our website, because we have a legitimate interest in assessing the impact of our activities on website visits and sales.
- Your location
- The pages you visit
- The length of your visit
- The links you follow
We collect the following information when you order or attempt to order items, either through our website or by email or telephone, because we have a contract to provide goods or services to you.
- Job title (if you represent a company or organisation)
- Postal address, email address, telephone number(s)
- The date of your order and list of items ordered
- Details of a delivery address (if different from the billing address)
Email newsletter information
We collect the following information when you sign up for our email newsletter, either on-line or by email or sign-up form, because you have requested our newsletter and given consent by doing so.
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
What we do with the information we gather
Cookie information is used solely to give us an overall idea of customers visiting the website and their behaviour. We use it through Google Analytics so we can spot general trends, but we do not download the data, or use it to try to identify individual customers in any way. You can still use our website fully if you choose not to accept cookies.
Order information is stored in either Maximizer software (pre-2014) or QuickBooks (since 2014).
- We require this information to process any orders that you make.
- We also need to keep accurate accounts for business purposes.
- If you have ordered items which are produced by our suppliers and shipped directly by them, we pass on your name, delivery address, phone number and details of items ordered, in order that the order can be fulfilled.
- Very infrequently, we may use your information to contact you by email, phone or mail for market research purposes.
QuickBooks online participates in the E.U. – U.S. and Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks and complies with the Privacy Shield Principles.
Email newsletter information is stored in the online programme, Mailchimp and Newsletter plugin, which has an unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email sent out.
- If you have subscribed to email newsletters, we need your information to send you email newsletters.
MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework.
Supplier information is stored in PDF files, Excel spreadsheets, Maximizer CRM software and in QuickBooks on-line.
How long we keep information we gather
We keep customer and supplier information for 7 years to comply with our legal obligations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously given consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at SNewham@btinternet.com
- We will not pass on your information to third parties, unless we are required by law to do so, or if they are fulfilling and dispatching your order.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Bodlondeb, Back Lane, Newtown, Powys. SY16 2NH.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address.
The Data Controller is Susan Newham, Bodlondeb, Back Lane, Newtown, Powys. SY16 2NH.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.